Books more people should read
» Airman by Eoin Colfer «
In the 1890s Conor and his family live on the sovereign Saltee Islands, off the Irish coast. Conor spends his days studying the science of flight with his tutor and exploring the castle with the king’s daughter, Princess Isabella. But the boy’s idyllic life changes forever the day he discovers a deadly conspiracy against the king. When Conor tries to intervene, he is branded a traitor and thrown into jail on the prison island of Little Saltee. There, he has to fight for his life, as he and the other prisoners are forced to mine for diamonds in inhumane conditions.
There is only one way to escape Little Saltee, and that is to fly. So Conor passes the solitary months by scratching drawings of flying machines on the prison walls. The months turn into years; but eventually the day comes when Conor must find the courage to trust his revolutionary designs and take to the air.
Recommended by books-love-me
- highland-oatbender reblogged this from hearteatersanonymous
- otto-von-bensmarck reblogged this from hearteatersanonymous
- hearteatersanonymous reblogged this from thebooker
- the-not-so-grand-optimist reblogged this from thebooker and added:
- inkyswirls reblogged this from thebooker
- sasha-le-strang likes this
- books-love-me reblogged this from thebooker
- books-love-me likes this
- sherlcko said:YES IT IS SO GOOD I remember crying I think
- thebooker posted this