Books more people should read
» Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys «
It’s 1950, and as the French Quarter of New Orleans simmers with secrets, seventeen-year-old Josie Moraine is silently stirring a pot of her own. Known among locals as the daughter of a brothel prostitute, Josie wants more out of life than the Big Easy has to offer. She devises a plan get out, but a mysterious death in the Quarter leaves Josie tangled in an investigation that will challenge her allegiance to her mother, her conscience, and Willie Woodley, the brusque madam on Conti Street.
Josie is caught between the dream of an elite college and a clandestine underworld. New Orleans lures her in her quest for truth, dangling temptation at every turn, and escalating to the ultimate test.
- grangerandherbooks reblogged this from thebooker
- olplya reblogged this from thebooker
- awkwardpurpleturtle likes this
- books-love-me likes this
- sasha-le-strang likes this
- zarishiding likes this
- gwendolenfairfaxx reblogged this from thebooker
- soup-eater reblogged this from thebooker
- brightiris likes this
- thebooker posted this